Uquid is a UK-based firm known for its issuance of cryptocurrency debit cards. For those who don’t know, Quid is slang for GBP. Uquid offers both physical and virtual debit cards. The debit card’s wallet can hold 3 fiat currencies as well as over 80 tokens. This feature alone makes it one of the most desirable and flexible option. However, there are also some limitations that allow its competitors to have a competitive edge. One of the biggest being not covering the US.
We shall further talk about its advantages and disadvantages in the brief review below.
- Uquid supports more than just a single cryptocurrency. Users of Uquid can store Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Monero, Dash and 80 different tokens.
- Uquid Bitcoin Debit card’s wallet allows users to deal in multiple fiat currencies like GBP, EUR, and USD.
- There is no issuance fee on the physical card.
- The debit card also ships fasts.
- Users don’t have to pay any additional charges when withdrawing money from an ATM.
- There is also no extra cost on any purchases
- Unlike its competitors, the Uquid debit card can easily be linked with PayPal, making it extremely handy.
- Uquid Debit card also offers the most flexible market rates for cryptocurrency exchange.
- Uquid also supports payment of bills. Cryptocurrency tokens can be used to pay household bills.
- It also features an option to top-up your mobile credit which is seriously very cool.
- Although it doesn’t cover the US, it is accessible for use in over 178 countries.
- Previously, the Uquid Bitcoin debit card converted cryptocurrency into fiat money –a feature that has disappeared in today’s debit cards. This truly is a shame.
- Today’s Uquid debit card is, in actuality, a prepaid card which needs top-up before use.
- The third biggest drawback is that the debit card still doesn’t cater to the US population which could serve as its biggest market. They do promise to offer its services to the US, but it hasn’t happened so far.
- There is a monthly $1 service charge
- The actual card costs $16.99.
- It is shipped for free around the world.
- There are no POS transaction charges.
- International ATM withdrawals cost $3.00 whereas domestic ATM withdrawals cost $2.50.
- It costs 3% when withdrawing cash to a bank.
- Physical card: Yes
- Virtual card: Yes
- Card type: Visa
- Mobile app: Yes
- Supported fiat currencies: GBP, USD, and EUR
- Supported cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Ripple (XRP) Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC) and 80+ different cryptocurrencies
- Anonymous: No
Uquid is amongst the many cryptocurrency firms affected by the ceasing of partnership with Visa due to the WaveCrest. This is one big reason, the firm had to make many changes to an almost-perfect debit card. But not all of its features have turned worse, there are still some that make it stand out from the rest of the crowd. The card offers both affordability and flexibility to its users. When compared to price-wise, it is more or less priced the same as its competitors.