Shift is issued by Coinbase –an American cryptocurrency exchange firm. Since they are an exchange firm, they are always aware of the latest trends in the Cryptocurrency. This is a unique and helpful testament that you are in good hands. But this is not the only edge the company offers. There are various other benefits that come with the Shift Bitcoin debit card. The foremost benefit is that all monthly charges are waived for the card users. Another perk is that all the purchases instantly convert Bitcoin to USD in the Coinbase wallet.
Sounds interesting, no? Well, there are many other perks and only a few drawbacks of the Shift Bitcoin debit card so let’s get right into it.
- The Shift debit card is mastered with Visa. This makes it acceptable in 99% of the stores worldwide, making it quite popular and practical.
- Conversions are made in real-time as Coinbase instantly exchanges the currency. This is one of the many features that sets Shift apart from its competitors.
- There are zero converting fees when exchanging from USD to Bitcoin.
- The card is available in most parts of the US.
- Many believe that it is much easier to use the Coinbase wallet directly than an actual wallet.
- Users who are token enthusiasts might find Shift Bitcoin debit card limiting as it only offers Bitcoin as the primary cryptocurrency.
- The debit card is available in 46 of the 50 US states. However, the exchange firm confirms that they are working on distribution channels to make it available throughout the USA soon.
- The debit card comes with a Coinbase wallet only. This is a disadvantage for all those who like to keep a separate wallet.
- The physical card costs $20 to issue. There isn’t any hidden currency exchange fee when converting from Bitcoin to USD.
- There are free domestic transactions as a bonus for a limited amount of time.
- ATM withdrawals domestically cost $2.50.
- International ATM withdrawals cost a standard $3.50. There is a 3% transaction fee on an international transaction.
- One of the biggest perks of Shift Bitcoin Debit card is that there are no monthly maintenance fees involved.
- Physical card: Yes
- Virtual card: Yes
- Card type: Visa
- Mobile app: Yes
- Supported cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC)
- Supported fiat currencies: USD
- Anonymous: No
Fans of the exchange Coinbase love the Shift Bitcoin debit card for its solid product. Customers who trade on Coinbase can apply for a shift debit card at any time they want. It makes money management easier, all thanks to its Coinbase wallet. There are also no monthly charges as a maintenance fee, unlike most of the other debit cards in the market. One downside, however, is that the card is only available in the US. This means that the rest of the world can’t benefit from its exceptional services at the moment. Even in the USA, it only caters to 46 states yet, making it slightly impractical for users in the remaining states. And lastly, it only supports one cryptocurrency i.e. Bitcoin. Fans who deal in multiple other cryptocurrencies are disappointed with this limitation.